June 17, 2019, 5:10 pm     Trending Topics     claudine barrettoRaymart SantiagoMiss World 2013Chito MirandaNeri NaigMegan Young
pinoystop home

Sam Milby Dismisses Rumors That He Was Cause Of Delay In Airing Of New Teleserye

Sam Milby is very thankful to Judy Ann Santos for allowing him to work with her. In a press conference held at ABS-CBN, the actor revealed that it was Santos who personally picked him and KC Concepcion for their respective roles in the new teleserye ‘Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala.’

Milby is honored to be working with the ‘Queen of Pinoy Soap Opera.’ He admitted that he felt jittery during the first few days of taping especially in his scenes with Santos. He simply admires Santos as an actress and as a professional artist.

In the upcoming series, Milby will play the husband to Santos. This is different from all the roles he has done before because his character would turn into a villain as the story moves on. This is the first time Milby will depict a dark character in a project. That is why he is expected to showcase more depth in the acting department.

Alleged cause of delay

The press conference was the perfect opportunity to clarify rumors circulating around the social and print media for many days now. According to those nasty ‘talks,’ Milby was a major cause of delay during the taping. That is why it took almost a year before the TV series is finally aired.

Milby reportedly found difficulty delivering in his scenes because of his language barrier. Some of his co-stars also allegedly complained about how he was unable to act accordingly especially in very dramatic scenes. In some blind items, Santos allegedly complained to the directors and producers of the series about how she is being stressed because of Milby’s incompetency as an actor.

That was why some showbiz insiders found Santos’ recent interviews as odd. Santos, in her interviews last week, said she found MIlby a bright actor. She was also all-praises for Milby and Concepcion, who are both playing the role of her oppressors in her new soap.

Milby denies

Milby immediately dismissed the rumors. He clarified that he did not hear Santos complain about his acting. He also reiterated that the production crew and his directors did not complain about his performance. He emphasized that he has always been open to constructive criticisms because he admits that there is still a big room for improvement. But he thinks there are some criticisms that are unfounded and are just out to turn him down.

The two directors, who were also present in the press conference volunteered to defend Milby against his detractors. Jerry Lopez Sineneng said he did not encounter any problem with Milby’s acting. He disclosed that they only had to retake some scenes due to technical aspects and not for anything else.

The other director of the teleserye, Tots Sanchez-Mariscal, also echoed the same message. He revealed that he heard the rumors but already dismissed those. He thinks those speculations are simply unfair.

Like this post? Please share!

Sam Milby Dismisses Rumors that He Was Cause of Delay in Airing of New Teleserye

More News

Comments
comments powered by Disqus