Sharon Cuneta Is Coming Back To ABS-CBNFor the last few days, ABS-CBN has been running a teaser, asking viewers the question: "Na-miss niyo ba Sha?" The Megastar Sharon Cuneta earlier posted an intriguing status on her Facebook account, saying that her fans, the Sharonians, must have a countdown already because she'll be seeing them sooner than expected.
She did not mention, however, where she will be transferring.
In 2011, Sharon transferred to TV5, the third largest TV station in the country. It became such a shock for viewers because Sharon has been with ABS-CBN for the past 23 years of her showbiz career.
Allegedly, the Kapatid network offered her a P1 billion contract, which she reportedly returned when she asked them to release her from the said contract last year.
There, she had an afternoon talk show "Sharon: Kasama Mo, Kapatid," a weekly musical variety show, "The Mega and the Songwriter," and the first primetime sitcom of her career, "Madam Chairman." She was supposed to do a series with ex-boyfriend Richard Gomez, but this did not push through.
In August last year, Sharon announced her departure from the network.
It has been 10 days since Sharon announced a countdown on Facebook, which makes March 9 the day of the said "announcement." Add to that the "Sha" teaser from the Kapamilya network, and it begs no question who's coming back.
Sharon is known to her legions of fans as "Ate Shawie." Inquirer.net also had a report on Sunday that Sharon will be making a "grand comeback" in ABS-CBN.
The Kapamilya network is expected to release a statement on this news any time now.