Sharon Cuneta Says She Belongs With ABS-CBNSharon Cuneta cannot explain how happy she feels for being a Kapamilya once again. Sharon signed a contract with ABS-CBN on March 9, Monday, a week after she started a countdown for her fans on Facebook.
The Megastar is back to her home network for 23 years after ending prematurely her contract with TV5 in August last year.
It's overwhelming to see how she was welcomed by her "family" in ABS-CBN. She felt like her time with TV5 was just a vacation, and she's finally home. And although she transferred for three years to TV5, she never lost touch with her former bosses in ABS-CBN.
Sharon said she kept in touch with Charo Santos-Concio, Cory Vidanes and Olive Lamasan, although they don't talk much about work. Charo, however, was one of the first to know about her decision to leave TV5.
She didn't ask for anything from ABS-CBN, but not a month after she left TV5, they were already having meetings and discussions. She felt humbled by her experience in the past three years, and it felt great to be welcomed with open arms.
"And there is really no place like home. This is really where… and I just don’t belong anywhere else."
Sharon will first appear as a judge on "Your Face Sounds Familiar."
She admitted that a little misunderstanding caused her to leave the network three years ago. She learned now that she cannot have a bridge when trying to fix a misunderstanding. It was stupid of her and a little selfish, too.
Because of these experiences, Sharon became much closer to God. It reminded her of all the blessings she had, but then she turned complacent. She is now more appreciative of the things coming her way.
Meanwhile, Sharon said she is looking forward to do a teleserye with ABS-CBN. Right now, she knows she's in the best hands of the people who care for her. Although she also cares for the ratings, what's important for her is that she's back with the people she has worked with before.
The Megastar wants to dance, act and sing. She hasn't done a drama series for TV, so that can be a first for her.
She also revealed she's open to work with anyone and if the project didn't push through, it just means they were the ones who back down. She's willing to work with daughter KC Concepcion and ex-husband Gabby Concepcion.
But for her first teleserye, she doesn't want to be in a loveteam or with her daughter. That can come later. She's even open to work with Piolo Pascual, KC's ex-boyfriend. It's in the past already, and she just wants to move forward.