‘Enteng Kabisote’, ‘Panday’, ‘Shake, Rattle & Roll’ Absent In Next Metro Manila Film FestivalMetro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) staples “Enteng Kabisote”, “Panday” and “Shake, Rattle & Roll” will be absent in the next installation of the festival.
The development was revealed after the list of 15 shortlisted entries to the yearly event were revealed recently.
Nonetheless, even if the actors who have played the roles in the mentioned films will not be gracing the silver screens of the festival as their usual characters this year, they will not be altogether absent from the festival.
Vic Sotto, who will not be seen in the festival as Enteng Kabisote during its 39th installation, will be headlining a film with Kris Aquino titled “Torky And My Little Bossing”. The development comes after Aquino vowed to quit show business altogether this year.
Senator Ramon Bong Revilla Jr. will not be entering the 39th Metro Manila Film Festival as Panday but will be reprising is also-popular moniker Kap in the film “My Super Kap” with Ogie Alcasid and Toni Gonzaga. The senator has revealed that he is officially retiring the Panday title.
Popular teen stars Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo also have their own movie, titled “Pagpag”, that’s shortlisted for the film festival. The love team recently starred in the film “Must Be Love”.
Other stars such as Vice Ganda, Eugene Domingo, Jeorge Estregan Jr. and Robin Padilla also have their own shortlisted entries in the MMFF.
Here is a list of the 15 shortlisted films for the 39th Metro Manila Film Festival which will be reduced the eight by June 18:
1. “Kaleidoscope World”, starring Sef Cadayona and Yassi Pressman (Melcor Enterprises)
2. “10,000 Hours”, starring Robin Padilla (Phil Film Studio)
3. “Ibong Adarna”, starring Rocco Nacino, Joel Torre, Angel Aquino, Leo Martinez, Ronnie Lazaro (Gurion Entertainment)
4. “San Pedro Calungsod, Batang Martir”, starring JM de Guzman, Christian Vasquez (Hubo Productions)
5. “Boy, Girl, Bakla, Tomboy”, starring Vice Ganda and Maricel Soriano (Viva Films and Star Cinema)
6. “Be Careful With My Heart”, starring Richard Yap and Jodi Sta. Maria (ABS-CBN Productions Inc.)
7. “Pagpag”, starring Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo (ABS-CBN/Skylight/Regal)
8. “Sa Ngalan Ng Ama, Ina at Mga Anak (Kuratong Baleleng)”, starring Robin Padilla, Daniel Padilla, and Mariel Rodriguez
9. “Kimmy Dora prequel”, starring Piolo Pascual and Eugene Domingo (Spring Films)
10. “My Super Kap”, starring Bong Revilla, Ogie Alcasid, and Toni Gonzaga (Imus Production)
11. “Torky And My Little Bossing”, starring Vic Sotto and Kris Aquino (OctoArts/MZET/APT/Kris Aquino Production)
12. “Hope In A Bottle”, starring Ruffa Gutierrez, Maja Salvador, Angeline Quinto (Quantum Films)
13. “Everybody Loves”, starring Jake Cuenca, Jericho Rosales, Megan Young, and Maja Salvador (Gung Ho Films Manila)
14. “Boy Golden”, starring Jeorge Estregan Jr. and KC Concepcion (Scenema Concept International)
15. “Kulay Abo Ang Langit”, starring Carla Abellana, Diether Ocampo, Cherie Gil and Matteo Guidicelli (Hubo Productions)