‘Glee’ Star Cory Montieth Overdosed On Heroin And Alcohol – CoronerThe untimely death of Glee star Cory Montieth was caused by an overdose on heroin and alcohol, Canadian authorities have revealed.
According to the British Columbia Coroners Service, post-mortem examination results reveal that Montieth, a star in the popular U.S. television series “Glee”, died from “a mixed-drug toxicity involving heroin and alcohol.”
Reuters reports that Barb McLintock, a spokeswoman of the Coroners Service said that Montieth’s death appears at this time to not have been the result of foul play.
“There is absolutely nothing at this point, no evidence to suggest this is anything but the most sad and tragic accident,” McLintock is quoted by Reuters as saying.
Montieth was found lifeless Saturday afternoon in a hotel room in downtown Vancouver. He was 31.