Willie Revillame Finally Admits That Tv5 Axed ‘wowowillie’Willie Revillame is at it again. After his constant denials that his noontime show ‘Wowowillie’ was cancelled by TV5 due to poor ratings, he has finally admitted that it was the truth. It could be just a slip (again) of his big fat mouth, but he has again confirmed that in show business, there is no smoke if there is no fire.
In May, when the show’s cancellation was reported, he denied reports that TV5 decided to axe it. He claimed that it was him who decided to discontinue the show in October when he ends his network contract. That time, he said he wanted to take a break in showbiz because he has become too busy. Now, he is eating his past words.
The days of his noontime show are numbered. ‘Wowowillie’ will bid its loyal viewers (if there are any more out there) goodbye when it airs it final telecast on Saturday (October 12). And just like the old Willie, he seems unable to control his temper and his mouth in making revelations even on air.
Last week, Willie revealed that the TV5 management pulled out utility services in his studio, Wowowillie Studio, formerly Delta Theater in Quezon City. He disclosed that the studio is being maintained by his own staff because the janitors and other maintenance personnel were pulled out by the network months ago.
But that’s not all about it. Weeks ago, he was quoted as saying that no matter how good and excellent a program in TV5 could be, it would not obtain decent ratings because of the bad signal of the station. He was implying of course that he has a good show but then again he is putting the blame to TV5’s bad signal reception for its poor ratings.
Now that the end is near for his show, Willie seems disturbed once again. That is because there is no certainty if he will be able to return to TV hosting again. According to reports, no TV network is interested in him anymore. That could be because he is asking too much for his talent fee. In TV5 for instance, he reportedly demands P90 million per month for talent fee. That is exclusive of his show’s expenses like production costs, utilities, and prizes.
ABS-CBN and GMA-7 are said to be disinterred in him because his past 3 years in TV5 just showed that he has lost his charm. The two networks reportedly would not want to invest too much in an effort that would not bring about any decent return on investment.
In an interview with selected showbiz press people, Willie said he feels bad that his show has to end. He reiterated that he has no intention but to bring hope and joy to our countrymen. That is why he said he has no idea why TV5 had to cancel the show. But he admitted that his show is not rating well because it competes with two good and more popular noontime shows.
But again, Willie and his paid press people would always assert that he and his show would return in another venue. He has also instructed his staff not to show any form of sad emotion during the final telecast of Wowowillie on TV5. Can this be the end to his TV career? Let’s stay tuned for that.