It is truly difficult to reduce weight. However, nothing is more difficult than resisting temptation when delicious foods are around. Top contributors of weight gain are sweets. But the reality is, most delicious foods are sweets. Our taste buds crave for desserts. The good news is, there are desserts that we can still eat without compromising our diet.
Here are some of those delicious foods:
PISTACHIO CHOCOLATE BANANA SUSHI
- 1 organic banana
- 1 – 2 tablespoon organic pistachios (chopped or grinded)
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon organic coconut oil
- Peel the bananas and place them on a plate or board.
- For the Sprinkles and Chia Seed Sushi, melt the chocolate and pour it on top of the bananas. Add the sprinkles or chia seeds on top and place in the fridge until set.
APPLE SLICE COOKIES
- 1 apple
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
- Desiccated coconut
- Dried Apricot
- Slice apple into thing rings and remove core.
- Spread peanut butter over one side of ring. Top with almonds, walnuts, coconut, and chocolate chips.
FROZEN YOGURT STRAWBERRIES
- 1 cup yogurt, dairy or dairy-free
- 1 lb frozen strawberries
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
Add the yogurt, honey and strawberries to your Vitamix blender (in that order).
Turn the blender on high and use the tamper to push the frozen strawberries into the blades. In 30 seconds you’ll have frozen yogurt.
Scoop out the frozen yogurt and serve immediately or transfer to a storage container and freeze.
BAKED PEARS WITH WALNUTS AND CINNAMON
- maple syrup
- Cut a pear in half
- Sprinkle it with cinnamon
- Add chopped walnuts
- Drizzle with maple syrup
- Bake for 5 minutes
FROZEN BERRY POPSICLE
- 1 1/2 cups non-fat Greek yogurt
- 5 tablespoons honey divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 3/4 cup milk
- Mix yogurt, 3 tablespoons honey, and vanilla together and place in the fridge.
- Puree berries, milk, and remaining 2 tablespoons honey in a blender until smooth.
- Alternate spooning in yogurt mixture and berry mix in ice pop molds.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours and then add the sticks